The installation is in COVID-19 community spread level LOW.
Mask wear is NOT required on Kadena Air Base with the following exceptions:
- During periods of medium, low, or non-existent COVID community level, masks are no longer required in Bldg 626 (18 MDG)
- During periods of high COVID community level, patients/visitors to Bldg 626 (18 MDG):
- Will wear a face covering compliant with CDC guidance within the facility at all times
- Will be provided one surgical mask if they do not have a compliant facemask
- Exceptions: <2yrs old (children ages 2-5 who can't/won't keep the mask on should be taken directly to an exam room), where mask wear can cause a clinical safety hazard, when needed be removed for medical or dental care.
- Individuals riding buses, vans, or cars that remain on USFJ installation or travel between USFJ installations are not required to wear a mask when COVID-19 Community Level is Low or Medium (e.g., DODEA school buses, on-base bus routes)
- While off USFJ installations, personnel should follow host nation policies and practices regarding mask wear. Pre-elementary (age 6 and below) children are not required to wear a mask.
For any questions or information, please see your respective chain of command.