The Legal Office provides free legal assistance regarding personal civil legal matters to eligible beneficiaries, including active duty or retired military members and their dependents. Examples of personal civil legal matters include: adoption, dependent care, financial responsibility, domestic relations, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), veterans reemployment rights, landlord-tenant, and casualty affairs.
The highest priority is given to active duty personnel who need mobilization- or deployment-related legal assistance. Legal assistance attorneys can provide legal advice, conduct general review of documents, draft correspondence, and assist clients in preparing forms. Legal assistance attorneys cannot, however, represent clients in any court or administrative proceedings or draft or file legal documents with a court.
To qualify for Legal Assistance you must have a valid military identification card and fall into one of the following categories:
1. Active Duty military members and their dependents.
2. Reserve and Guard members who are on active duty and their dependents.
3. Retired military members and their dependents. If you are a retired reservist or guardsman or a dependent of one of them, you must be receiving retirement pay to be eligible for service. Please note that you must have a military ID card to be eligible.
4. Civilian employees of the Department of Defense and the military departments assigned outside the United States and its territories and dependents residing with them.
5. Select civilian contractor personnel who are assigned outside the United States and its territories and dependents residing with them. (Please note, some legal assistance will be limited). In addition to our normal customer service we offer the following weekly briefings:
Walk-In Legal Assistance By appointment only.
To make an appointment, call DSN 634-3300 or (098) 961-3300/3309.
Wills (By appointment only) Tuesday 1-2 p.m.
Legal assistance attorneys can prepare wills and advance medical directives, including living wills and medical powers of attorney. If you are deploying, we will attempt to accommodate you outside of these hours. For those seeking wills, go to the Air Force Legal Assistance Website, https://aflegalassistance.law.af.mil, complete the online worksheet, record the ticket number and call our office to schedule an appointment. When calling, please make sure to have your ticket number readily available.
Powers of Attorney & Notary Service Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
An appointment is mandatory for Housing & Real Estate notary package such as Selling, Purchasing and Refinancing. Please call us at DSN 634-3300/(098) 961-3300-3309 or stop by the legal office to make an appointment.
If you need a Power of Attorney (POA), please visit the Air Force Legal Assistance Website at https://aflegalassistance.law.af.mil and complete a worksheet for faster service. Members can also use the website to access numerous legal information, legal worksheets for wills, and to provide feedback on their legal office experience.
Other Services In addition to our normal customer service we offer the following weekly briefings:
Reenlistment Brief: No longer available in-person. Article 137 Reenlistment Briefs are available in ADLS.
SOFA Brief: Wednesdays at 3 p.m. (Walk-ins OK)
Pre-Marriage Brief: Appointment only. Thursdays at 10 a.m. Will need passport or birth certificate. Maximum of 5 personnel. Affidavit will expire in 30 days of signature.
Pre-Divorce Brief: Appointment only. Thursdays at 2 p.m. USAF active-duty only.