Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Kadena Air Base
Kadena Air Base
Search Kadena Air Base:
Search Kadena Air Base:
Shared Media Manager
Consumer Confidence Reports
Freedom of Information
Kadena Medical Clinic
CE Self Help
Kadena Red Cross
Enlisted Spouses Club
Officer Spouses Club
Okinawa Family Housing
Visitor Control Center
Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
SAPR Contact Information
Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) Hotline
634-7272/SARC or 098-961-7272
SAPR holds open house
Know your part, do your part; #NotJustApril
Air Force officials name SARC of the year
Shatter the silence: Take Back the Night
Green Dot training aims to decrease interpersonal violence
What is Sexual Assault?
DoD DEFINITION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT
is defined as intentional sexual contact, characterized by use of force, physical threat or abuse of authority or when the victim does not or cannot consent.
includes rape, nonconsensual sodomy, indecent assault or attempts to commit these acts.
can occur without regard to gender, spousal relationship or the age of the victim.
"Consent" shall not be deemed or construed to mean the failure by the victim to offer physical resistance. Consent is not given when a person uses force, threat of force, coercion or when the victim is asleep, incapacitated or unconscious.
Restricted Reporting Option
allows a victim to report a Sexual Assault without triggering a law enforcement investigation. It is intended to give the victim (survivor) time and control over the release of their information. A Restricted Report also empowers the survivor to make an informed decision about participating in the criminal process.
Unrestricted Reporting Option
will initiate a law enforcement investigation for the sexual assault incident. If a report of sexual assault is made to a commander, first sergeant, a member of your chain of command, Security Forces, and/or Air Force Office of Special Investigation the report will automatically be an Unrestricted Report.
Who is eligible?
All Active Duty Military
Dependents over the age of 18
Reserve & Guard on orders
Any SARC, SAPR Victim Advocate, Medical or Mental Health Provider can take a Restricted or Unrestricted Report of Sexual Assault.
If You Have Been Assaulted
1. Call the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) at 634-7272/SARC or 098-961-7272 from a cell phone. This hotline is answered 24/7 and is confidential. You can also call the Kadena Base Operator or Command Post and ask to be connected to the SARC.
2. It is recommended that you follow these guidelines:
- Go to a safe location away from the attacker.
- Call 911 if you are in an emergency situation or need immediate medical attention.
- Do not change clothes, but if you feel you must, bring soiled clothing in a paper bag--not plastic
- Do not eat or drink anything
- Do not shower, brush your teeth or use mouthwash
- Do not take or apply any type of medication to any injuries
- Do not use the bathroom, but if you must, bring urine in for testing in a plastic or glass container
- Do not disturb or clean up the crime scene
3. Go to the Foster Naval Hospital Emergency Room for medical care and a Sexual Assault Forensic Exam, if you choose. The ER Staff will notify the SARC if you haven't already.
Special Victim's Counsel
The Special Victim's Counsel program began in January 2013 to give victims of sexual assault a voice.
The purpose of the SVC is to provide legal advice, protect the rights and privacy of victims, and empower victims as they engage with the military justice process. Any information given to the SVC attorney or paralegal is CONFIDENTIAL. Your attorney can represent you during interviews, Article 32 hearings, and court martial proceedings.
Who can be represented?
- All active duty Air Force members regardless of a perpetrator's status
- Active duty Air Force adult and minor dependents if the perpetrator is AirForce
- Civilians (only if eligible for legal assistance) if the perpetrator isAir Force All active duty members from another service will be forwarded tothe respective branches SVCs.
PACAF region SVC team is comprised of 5 attorneys and 2 paralegals. Located at Kadena Air Base Japan is Maj Chad Evans and Capt Sarah Rogers who serve as the SVCs and SSgt Andrea Strong as the special victims' paralegal.
If you would like SVC representation we accept walk-ins or referrals through the SARC and legal office. Our hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We can be contacted at DSN 315-634-2720.
Kadena Helping Agencies
Kadena Mental Health
Foster Naval Hospital
646-7555 or 098-971-7555
Equal Opportunity Office
DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Web Site
Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program
U.S. Army Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program
Marine Corps Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
DoD Safe Helpline
Military OneSource 24/7
National Organization for Victim Assistance
Government Fact Sheet on Sexual Violence
Victim-Victim Advocate Privilege
UCMJ: Article 120
5th Air Force
Teen Dating Violence Awareness